1. Open the folder for your period.
2. Open the document assigned to you.
3. Add your name to the top of the document. Your partner(s) will also add their name.
4. Working together, online, complete the following activities to demonstrate your understanding of bias and perspective in the media:
a. Highlight words that you believe indicate a bias.
b. Add comments to indicate where perspectives shown (local/global/personal). Explain in your comment why you believe this passage illustrates a perspective.
c. Cut and paste the following questions to the bottom of your article and answer them.
- Consider the headline of the article. How does the headline prepare you to read the article?
- Summarize INFORMATION found in the article.
- Summarize the OPINION or BIAS presented in the article.
- Who do you believe is the intended audience for this article? Give evidence.
- What do you think the author is trying to persuade the audience to do or think? Give evidence.
- BONUS: Not all of these citations are correctly formatted. Proof the citation at the head of the article for APA style using tools available to you. Place the corrected citation at the bottom of the page.