World Cultures ~ Population Pyramids using Spreadsheet Software
Information: As you begin each unit for your World Cultures class, you will be creating a population pyramid to analyze the population and to generate an introductory discussion for the unit. The pyramid assignment will be assigned with at least four school days to complete so that you have the opportunity to get the appropriate help that you need in order to come to class with the pyramid complete. You will need to read through the assignment on this page and then complete the assignment using the resources listed on the left.
Technology Standard Assessed: Analyze and interpret chart data.
Steps to Completing the Population Pyramid:
- Download the data, either into Microsoft Excel (if you have that available to you, or Google Spreadsheets, if you do not).
- Dowload the directions, Creating Population Pyramids Using Microsoft Excel. Note, they work very similar in Google Soreadsheets, just ot as fine tuned.
- Optional: Watch the video on creating population pyramids using excel
- Optional: Watch the video on creating population pyramids using Google Spreadsheets
- Optional: If you are struggling to complete the assignment, come see Mrs. Danay, in the library near the helpdesk, during resource.
- Assignment: Create a population pyramid in the appropriate format for both Russia & the United States, have ready by class on Monday, September 23.
- Have population pyramids (Russia & US) ready and open for check-offs when class begins on Monday, September 23.
- As a class, you will discuss and analyze the population pyramids. Take notes on the spreadsheets for each of your charts to anlyze them.
- You will repeat this process for each of your units in World Cultures.
- You will eventually be assessed on the creation and analysis of your charts.